I love that Dallin (the oldest) and Claire (the youngest) are just 3 days shy of being 9 years apart. I knew Dallin's birthday would be over shadowed by Claire's birth...so I'm so glad we celebrated Dallin's birthday a month early right before school let out. It worked out perfect...and we had a small family party for him on Sunday. Grammie made a Dr. Seuss cake...it was so cute and yummy!

Dallin is a Bear in cub scouts now...so he got a bear neckerchief and slider, and his very own pocket knife. He also got lots of Dr. Seuss books and movies, a batman helicopter, #5 Harry Potter book, an itunes gift card, and ribs (his favorite food)

He also got his very own ipod...after Ellie got hers for her birthday thats all he would talk about...he was quite excited!

Don't get any ideas Zach...

Here are the girls...they're worn out and tired from all their mothering skills. It's hard work!
9 terrific things about Dallin...
1. Dallin is very sensitive and loving. He will make the most wonderful husband someday.
2. Dallin is a great reader and has an amazing vocabulary. He is reading the Harry Potter series right now and is on the 4th volume. He amazes me...i think he is a better reader than I am :(
3. Dallin has always been a picky eater...but lately he has been shocking all of us. We went out to dinner a few months ago and he ordered ribs...our jaws dropped in disbelief. He also ate three hamburgers at Sarah's while we were in the hospital. He's finally seeing what life is all about or just gaining an appetite!
4. Dallin likes to go running in the backyard with his ipod playing "eye of the tiger" and comes inside all pumped up.
5. Dallin is a good friend and always likes to seek out kids that look a little sad and or lonely and tries to include them.
6. Dallin is in his own little world...and doesn't usually care what others think.
7. Dallin is a great football player and says it's by far his favorite sport.
8. Dallin has a great voice and loves to perform in front of people. He also has a talent for the piano.
9. Dallin is a huge help around home. He is very protective of his brother and sisters and a great example to them.
3 comments:
Dallin realy IS a sweetheart. I noticed how patient and kind he is with his younger cousins. He is growing up into a fine young man. I love him! LOve, Grandma
We love Dallin...he's such a great friend!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Dallin!
Thanks for the invite to your blog Jill. Here's what I have to say about Dallin, in addition to the fact that I love that kid and loved teaching him in primary. Some day when he's a general authority I'm going to brag that I taught him in Primary. :)
Post a Comment